Effective 1 April 2020
K & B plumbing Limited is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for the safety and health of our employees and other persons and visitors to our business or our work sites.
Health and safety is everyone's business, and everyone is expected to share in our commitment to avoid all accidents and incidents, which may cause personal injury, property damage or loss of any kind.
Every employee is expected to act safely at ALL times to ensure their own safety and welfare and that of their fellow employees and others within the business and on all work sites.
We will ensure the safety of employees by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment
- Providing facilities for health and safety
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe for use
- Ensuring all employees and other people within the business are not exposed to unmanaged or uncontrolled hazards
- Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation plans
To achieve this we will:
- Systematically identify and control all hazards accounted within the business
- Where there are significant hazards we will take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate and or minimise these hazards to prevent any injury or damage
- Inform all employees of the hazards and the controls in place
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and supervised (where required)
- Inform all employees of emergency and evacuation plans
- Record all incidents and accidents, and take all practicable steps to prevent these events from happening again
- Carry out planned self-inspections to monitor health and safety
- Ensure all employees are given reasonable opportunities to contribute effectively in ongoing processes for the improvement of health and safety in our workplace