COVID-19 | Corona Virus
Ways we're uniting against COVID-19:
K & B plumbing Limited are taking our role in the community very seriously and want to ensure our customers we are taking all precautionary measures to ensure our staff and customers are kept safe when a plumber is on site.
Pandemic Response Plan (Coronavirus)
Purpose: This procedure is designed to ensure all K&B plumbing Limited's employees are aware of the practices required to control the risks associated with COVID-19.
Responsibilities for Managers and Supervisors:
- Provide hand washing facilities and make sure these are kept clean, properly stocked and in good working order.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitiser, tissues and cleaning supplies.
- Keep the workplace clean and hygienic, regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces such as door handles and workstations to help prevent contamination.
- Encourage workers who are sick with respiratory illness to stay home until they are fully recovered.
- If someone becomes ill with respiratory symptoms at work, isolate them by placing them in a room or an area away from others and arrange for the person to be sent home and advise them to seek medical advice. If they are very unwell, call an ambulance.
- If a work is confirmed to have COVID-19, call the Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080 for advice. Inform co-workers about possible exposure to COVID-19 but maintain confidentiality. Advise workers to seek immediate medical advice if they develop symptoms or are concerned about their health.
Responsibilities for Workers:
- Washing hands often, with soap and water, or carrying hand sanitiser and using it as needed.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms.
- See a health care professional if feeling unwell.
- If unwell, avoiding contact with others (including shaking hands or other touching, such as hugging).
- Keep a safe 2m distance where practical.